At The Elizabeth Hospice, the primarily responsible for the Pediactric RN Case Manager is providing professional nursing care to assigned pediatric patients. With input from the IDT (interdisciplinary team) and patient and family, the Pediactric RNCM assesses, develops, implements and evaluates the plan of care to ensure appropriate communication and plan of care coordination.
The Elizabeth Hospice is San Diego’s oldest non-profit hospice of 40 years. We are growing and looking for talented individuals to join our high performing team and support our mission. We serve all of San Diego county and south Riverside county with multiple hospice office locations.
Our Mission: To enhance the quality of life for those nearing the end of life’s journey and for those who grieve.
We place a high importance on our employees and reward staff in several ways such as:
• Competitive hospice industry compensation
• Benefits package with multiple plan offerings and generous employer contribution
• 401(k) Retirement plan with employer match
• Supportive work culture which encourages work life balance
• Substantial Paid Time Off, paid holidays & birthday benefit
• Employee development program managed by in-house education department to support individualized orientation and professional growth needs.
• Tuition Reimbursement program
• Monthly mileage reimbursement
• Employee Referral Program
• Business casual attire for office staff
1. Develops written plan of care in coordination with an interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
2. Oversees implementation of plan, evaluates and changes plan as necessary to meet patient/family needs.
3. Responsible for the direction of care provided by LVN and HA in accordance with patient’s plan of care.
4. Responsible for the supervision of services provided by the LVN and HA per TEH policy and regulatory requirements.
5. Communicates all changes to IDT and primary MD.
6. Performs job duties in clinical areas as stated in clinical competency checklist, policies/procedures, standards of care, and critical competencies based on Scope of Practice.
7. Maintains timely patient documentation using “point of care” electronic charting.
8. Implements and maintains established hospice policies and procedures as well as Standards of Care and regulatory requirements.
9. Provides health care instruction to patient and family members.
10. Orients, instructs, and trains assigned personnel.
11. Participates in providing 24 hour, seven days a week coverage to patients/families (on-call and census fluctuation).
12. Performs admission assessment and admission when necessary.
Work hours: M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm (hours may vary)
Shift: Days; 8 hour shifts (hours may vary)
Weekends: Varied, based on agency needs
On-call: Varied, based on agnecy needs including weekends
Status: Per Diem, non-exempt
"The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.”